Monday, July 14, 2014

Been 45 Days/Scrap YOUrself

Hi! I hope you are having a great week.  I will have to say that this layout was a struggle for me.  It is for Scrap YOUrself Challenge Blog.  The challenge is to use these colors:  

This was not the direction I thought this was going in!  I like it because it is different from anything I have ever done. 


To explain the title, it had been 45 days since I had smoked a cigarette. A HORRIBLE habit I picked up twenty "something" years ago.  I have quit, but it had never lasted this long except when I was pregnant with my son. That was the easiest time when I quit smoking. For the past year, my eight year old has begged me to quit smoking.  I finally decided to quit! It has been hard, but it gets easier everyday.  

I hope you have a great week. Thanks for stopping by! 

7 comments:

  1. GOOD FOR YOU!! It isn't easy that's for sure. I love this layout and the watercolor swatches of color. This is certainly what we mean when we say scrap about YOU! Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELL DONE YOU! I hope you manage to continue with your great achievement and thanks for sharing your gorgeous layout about it with us at Challenge Yourself. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a quitter too after 18 yrs. Hang in there! It will get better and the craving will ease. Love your design and great job with your watercolors and splatters. Thanks for joining in with us at Challenge YOUrself

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!! It is a very difficult task! And it is great that you made a scrapbook page about your feat! I love the design and the way you used the colors. Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Leah! What a great story! 45 days is fantastic!! ... hopefully longer now ;)
    Your take on our color challenge is fantastic and I love your background! So glad you joined us at Challenge YOUrself :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep up the good work! I know it's hard, but it is worth the struggle! I struggled with these colors myself, but your page is fabulous! Thanks for sharing it and your story with us at Challenge Yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your title choice, and that you are documenting this part of your life. It's been about 8 years for me, and I've never thought about documenting it before now!

    ReplyDelete