Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Tips and Techniques by Leah/Scrapping Everyday Miracles



Hello everyone!  I have a confession, when I see a starburst on a sketch I look the other way.  It kind of scares me.  I really don't know why.  One day on Pintrest I found a tutorial on making a startburst on a card.  Here is the link to the website:  http://www.sharoncheng.com/2014/05/starburst-patriotic-card-with-tutorial.html .  There is also a video.  I decided to make a card using the techinique.  First I chose what paper I wanted to use and decided on Bo Bunny's Hello Sunshine collection.  Next I cut 6 pieces of paper with these dimensions:

 *cut 1 piece:  4 1/8 x 1 1/2

 *cut 1 piece:  4 x 1 1/2
 *cut 2 pieces:  3 x 1 1/2
 *cut 2 pieces:  2 x 1 1/2

I cut a solid piece of cardstock  3 3/4 x 5.    I decided where I wanted the center of the startburst to be.  I adhered the cut recatangles to the cardstock.  This is what it looked like from the back.

 I trimmed the excess off and glued it to another piece of cardstock.  I added some flowers for the center embellishments.  This is the end result:




Don't forget to check out this month's challenges! Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. Leah, that came out fabulous!! I LOVE the technique you used!! Pinning!!!

    ReplyDelete